View Single Post
Old 04-10-2013, 02:19 PM   #10
MilzyZ34
GX Member

MilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to MilzyZ34
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01GrandAm View Post
Did you ever get pictures of the re-designed transmission mount? Pics on the website look like the old mount still.

The picture on the site is of the newly designed mount we made a couple years ago. The originals had more angles on the back side, and were larger. I recently sold out of the mounts again, so we're taking the opportunity to redesign them again, this time to allow them to accept the same bushings we use for the N-body mounts we make for the 4t65eHD conversion and F40 conversion. I recently invested in making a mold for these bushings to be able to make them more efficiently, and offer a wider range of stiffnesses, so since I have to order these busings in bulk, I thought it would be best to make them fit as many of our parts as possible. The bushings are going to get a little cheaper to make, but the trans mount is going to cost a little more to machine because we have to add a raised area to each side of the mount to allow the bushing to have the same dimensions as the other, so in the end, the price will likely be the same as it is, however I may put those up on the site at a discounted price to help make the initial order of the new mounts. We usually make them about 20 at a time, but if there is enough interest, we could make more. So how many of you guys would be wanting to get one?
1977 Corvette - LS1/LS6 T56 - Under Construction
MilzyZ34 is offline   Reply With Quote