View Single Post
Old 04-10-2013, 02:54 PM   #2
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

billytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to billytheman1188 Send a message via MSN to billytheman1188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvarulanda View Post
I have a 2001 oldsmobile alero. It's an great condition. It's a v6 3400 engine. I can't find reason to sell it, cause its still going strong. It's a really good car and every mechanic that sees my engine tells me that my engine it's a really good engine and cleAn. I want to modify so it can last me a very long time but I don't know where to start. Thank you guys for the help if it's possible.

Welcome to the fam! The 3400's are solid engines they just have a few things that need to be fixed and it's good to go for a while. The lower intake gaskets tend to go on them.....and the headgaskets can be a problem too. As far as mods to start out with.....get an intake first....you will gain some power from that along with better gas mileage. Second thing i would do is add an exhaust....you can buy a pacesetter (cheapest), borla (stainless steel....most expensive) or you can have a muffler shop do a custom one for you. After exhaust....if you want more power.....get some headers.....only thing is installation is a B*TCH....if you can't do it...it will be a pretty big bill from the mechanic. But those 3 mods will get you power and better gas mileage. They're the cheapest mods and typically the ones you start with first. Then you can move on to P&P intake mani's....bigger throttle body....etc.