View Single Post
Old 05-11-2013, 05:35 PM   #1
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Running rich, help.

Well probably about 2 weeks ago my AEM wideband started saying I was running rich between 65-75mph. (Cruising) any speed under, or above it runs "starch". I went to autozone and asked them and told them what's done motor wise. They said I possibly need to upgrade my MAF.

Yet, I can't tell if it's just my gauge false reading or its actually the car. The car doesnt feel like its running rich, doesn't bog at that speed or anything. But at night when driving... I can see numbers on my AEM gauge kind of dim, then brighten up every so often, which makes me wonder the gauge could be false reading...

Recent mods/fixes

- 65mm TCE TB.
- MMS ported/polished UIM/LIM.
- universal o2 sensor which was wired up to a stock plug. (Possibility for running rich?)

What it has/had for some time now.

- headers
- CAI
- EGR delete
- no cat

Few other things..

But I bought fuel system cleaner because i feel it's needed so why not. Autozone also told me to try it first (was going to get it either way) and see what happens after. I will probably fill my tank and dump it in tonight to see what happens.

If a bigger MAF could help? Could I buy an LS1 MAF slap it on and go? Or do I need some tuning for it to work right? I've tried an ls1 MAF about 4 years ago when my car was more stock, and the car didnt like the change.. Don't know if it would now since I'm running more air into the motor now.

When i told the autozone guy about my bigger tb and ported UIM/lim he asked if I was running stock MAF I said yes, and he suggested that could be it because the more air flow, he suggested a GTP MAF and i said well most alero guys go for the LS1 maf's he said that will also work. Any insight would be appreciated.

Don't know if at ass someone could hook up HPT and go for a ride with me to tell me if it is the car or the gauge being stupid. And if the car, maybe a little tuning could help?

Thanks guys.

Oh also, like i said it started about 2 weeks ago. The car did not do this after the UIM/lim change or the TB upgrade.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote