View Single Post
Old 06-03-2013, 09:40 AM   #1
zzyzzx
GLS member

zzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond repute
Water in tail light???

I had a burned out turn signal light bulb in my 1999 Alero (just shy of 38K miles on it). The issue being that the bulb burned out because the section of the tail light it was in was halfway filled with water! I have no idea how it got there, but as I was leaving someplace where I had parked for 1.5 days (in a parking garage, up at a angle, and in the covered part) is when it happened. Obviously the water had been there for some time and me parking the car like that is what did in the bulb (submerged it for some time). But how can I prevent this from happening again? I could not find anything wrong with this tail light assembly. We have had some really strange and harsh rain here lately and that's probably when it got in, but still.

Of course, I was on my way home from vacation 150 miles away from home when the bulb goes bad.

I did search for this and could not find any mention of this here.
zzyzzx is offline   Reply With Quote