View Single Post
Old 06-07-2013, 10:01 AM   #5
zzyzzx
GLS member

zzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond repute
OK, now that I have it off, I can see that one just removes the gasket, puts some sort of sealant in the V there, then put the gasket back on. The existing gasket on mine is partially not sticking on already anyway. There was someone else in this thread where they actually took it apart and rechromed it:

http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33954
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ttop191 View Post
what i ended up doing is taking apart the tail light, taking rubbing alcohol and cleaning all the old "chrome" and spraying it with that chrome looking rattle can, came out great couldn't even tell it was different

Although I would think that one is taking some risk if one tries to separate the back part from the front part.
zzyzzx is offline   Reply With Quote