View Single Post
Old 06-17-2013, 02:48 AM   #92
fisdad
I do what I want to Sheep & Goats

fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad
So maybe Manwhore, sleepy and I were all just tired last night?... My HID went out on my passenger side. As did my high beam after I hit a bump and briefly (split second briefly) lost all power. The car kept going but when power came back on... My passenger light was out! The markers and led strips still worked though. We pulled over to mess with it. Three of us (who all own Alero's) didn't realize that each headlamp has its own fuse! So I drove home with one light.

Today, I use my new multimeter to test connections. I was getting a reading from the harness for the light, but not the internals. I had assumed at this point that the inner assembly wiring had somehow gone bad. As it turns ou, my high beam bulb in the passenger side is blown as was the fuse for that headlamp?... We learned this only AFTER sleepy and I tore my headlamp apart, then drive to his place and back to get another stock housing to replace my euro housing backing that I thought was messed up. After cutting my wiring and splicing into the new housing... Still nothing. At this point we assumed faulty wiring, but decided to check my DRL fuse to be sure that wasn't the cause. When that was good, we looked over the fuse panel and noticed that there was a fuse for each headlamp individually and sure enough... One was blown! Only after destroying my wiring and having to redo my headlamp... Bah!

So for all of you other noobs out there... Double check the simple things first before you get crazy.
My screen name should be changed to Jizzdaddy. I was anally raped by flying monkeys and loved it. I promise to never threaten anyones daughters again because I know it will result in my ahoe being severely widened. - Did Andy just say that he wants to fk my ahoe... ewww. Sorry old man, but you're not my type.