Thread: AWD Alero?
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2013, 03:18 AM   #44
Nas Escobar
GLS member

Nas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLw7123 View Post
oh you should look at a mid 2000s m5.

Balling on a budget buddy. Please make that request 5 years from now when I (hopefully) make more than the bare minimum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyalero View Post
Im not a bimmer fan. Pretty much junk after 100k miles.

Buddy had an 04 325xi 6 speed. 103k miles on the clock. Timing jumped, cracked 4 pistons, bent all rods. I will be honest, they are pretty good till 100k miles then they are just junk.

Me personally, I like them more than Mercedes because they're easier to find in manual mode than Mercedes. Put it like this, if you're in the market for an RWD car that's fuel economic and has a vast aftermarket with a manual (oh damn, there goes just about 95% of American and Japanese cars), where do you go? Sure I could buy a Camaro, but considering my budget, I'm not buying a 2010 Camaro (nor would I want one because of the enormous blind spots it has) but I would be more inclined to buy the V8 than the V6. Plus the 4th gen Camaro has 2 cylinders under the firewall, making for an unpleasant tuneup. I already have one car with a hard to work on engine, I don't need 2.

Honestly, I feel most cars are just more about who takes care of them and how they're taken care of. Many people have told me the 3400 engine is assery yet isn't half of the forum owners of an Alero with a 3400 and they don't have the insane problems that are said to be had (gasket issues aside)? Maybe you're right though... maybe BMW's aren't worth it... who knows.
1996 Infiniti G20
1993 Chevrolet Lumina Z34
1989 Buick Regal Limited
Nas Escobar is offline   Reply With Quote