View Single Post
Old 09-25-2013, 11:41 PM   #18
Shiwnath
15.65 @ 87.3 MPH

Shiwnath is on a distinguished road
A little update... I haven't gotten around to getting a fuel pressure gauge, but today when I was merging onto the highway I went WOT because I was doing some data logging when all of a sudden the RPMs begin to surge and the car suddenly dies while I'm in motion on the highway. I kept my cool, put her in neutral and coasted with my hazards on until I could safely pull over. After pulled over, I tried starting her because I has just under 1/2 of a tank and after a tiny bit of cranking she fired right up and I cautiously drove to the nearest gas station. Filled up and did some more WOT pulls and she drives fine... It was pretty damn scary... I thought I just had some really bad Knock retard until the battery light came on and I knew that the car shut off and I was pretty screwed.

Next thing to do is definitely get a fuel gauge. I'm not gonna waste any more time trying to guess what the problem is and I don't want to just buy a pump and blindly replace it without getting my facts straight.

Hit a dear! Back to stock 3400... For now
Shiwnath is offline   Reply With Quote