View Single Post
Old 12-04-2013, 03:44 PM   #5
MilzyZ34
GX Member

MilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to MilzyZ34
I think STB's do help the handling, but a good set of performance tires is absolutely crucial to getting the car to handle well. Extra camber also helps a lot.

I am willing to make stb's, but it is going to take some volume to get going. To make them cost effective, I need to order flanges for 20 sets, so a pre-order of 10 would be the best way to get them going. If I were going to make a stb for the n-body, I would make it fit all the years of the bodystyle for all the alternator styles that came on the cars, and I would also make it have clearance for cars that have our modified fuse box bracket (mostly turbo cars), that way I can make one design. With the alt and this, it's going to be a curved bar, which I would make a prototype, and then send out to get the rest of them bent, and I would also design it to use Haim joints, so they would be adjustable, very strong, and make them easier to fit cars if they were a little out of spec. Then of course we'd have them powdercoated. The bottom line is they would not be cheap. How many of you would be in the market for a $125-150 strut tower brace?
1977 Corvette - LS1/LS6 T56 - Under Construction
MilzyZ34 is offline   Reply With Quote