View Single Post
Old 12-08-2013, 09:33 PM   #5
03glgold
GLS member

03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute
173400 miles, I change the oil every 3-5k miles since i got it with 134k though it wasn't the best maintenance before I got it. Plugs were replaced around 140k along with plug boots, timing and balance chain assemblies were replaced at 152,737 miles due to the tensioner starting to fail. It overall runs good, however there has been a sound i have attributed to noisy power steering pump, though power steering is now working smoothly after a fluid change with some conditioning additive, there has been a slight chirp from the passenger side the past couple days while it is really cold (cold startup under 10 degrees). I have considered trans fluid change it was last done at 90k miles however almost all of the miles I have put on the car have been highway miles. I have been getting better overall performance as of late than ever since i bought it but looking at things it is still not putting out what a properly running ecotec should be doing.There is however the occasional stumble at idle where it will bounce between about 400 and 600 rpm before settling out at normal idle. It has all original sensors with the exception of the IAT sensor. I am lead to believe it is a sensor issue with my primary suspect being the throttle position sensor but don't want to start guessing throwing all sorts of sensors at it and go through all that money to find a problem when someone has a better answer than me.
03glgold is offline   Reply With Quote