View Single Post
Old 12-18-2013, 12:42 PM   #4
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
not trying to be a rooster. just many people dont search before they post a question. it just gets annoying after being on the site for awhile and seeing basically the same questions everytime you stop in when you just answered an identical question the week before at times.

everyone is a big help here. search, and ask questions if you cant find what you are looking for.

but, you're welcome. and the 6 speed manual in a 3400...... lots of fun.

not many people do the manual swaps on these cars. there is very few. i know kwuack has the 5 speed but his car has been basically a work in progress for many months, him being a firefighter fighting wild fires all over the west coast makes him a busy guy. then there is me, with the 6 speed, and another black alero with a 6 speed 3400 as well (mfuller)

me and mfuller both have custom trans mounts (needed for 6 speed) ARP flywheel bolts, and delryn (spelling?) bushings for the trans mounts, much stiffer then polyurethane. so the car vibrates quite a bit, and the 6 speed is a pretty noisy transmission, but its normal.

been curious though if you went with a less severe bushing for the trans mounts if it would quiet down the trans, the tranny isnt really a big concern to me on noise, its more of the vibration inside the car that can be rather frustrating. theres nothing worse then driving the car you love and hearing a bzzzzzz noise coming from a dash panel piece or a pillar piece just vibrating away. but for time being ive gotten most rattles taken care of with folded pieces of paper and stuff hidden in the dash holding those certain panels that cause a rattle.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.

Last edited by sleepyalero : 12-18-2013 at 12:48 PM.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote