Thread: Amp mounting
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2014, 10:38 AM   #1
03Alerosil
GL Member

03Alerosil is on a distinguished road
Amp mounting

I am getting ready to install my amp, comes UPS today, and my subs. The amp is a JVC KS-AX3101D and the subs are a MTX terminator enclosure (2-12" subs)
I will be running them at 400W RMS total. My question is can I mount the amp on the box with rubber washers? Can i mount it on top or on the backside of the box. I would prefer to mount on the backside as my current ground wire for my 10's isn't long enough to reach the new amp if I mount it on top.

I know that it's good to have the ground wire as short as possible. I have it on a ring terminal using a seat bolt for the ground. I am worried that mounting the amp on the backside of the box, up against the rear seat, will cause it to not get enough ventilation to cool. If I mount it on top it will sit between my 6x9's.

Any suggestions would be great. I would really prefer to mount it to the box as I want some trunk space. My current set up is Bazooka. 2-10" and a amp that powers them 95W a piece. Amp been mounted to top of box for last 11 years but it's a small set up. Not sure I can do that with new set up.
03Alerosil is offline   Reply With Quote