Thread: new wire's here
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2014, 10:56 AM   #9
negolien
GL Member

negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien
Talking Sweet!!

Yeah, I hadn't realized exactly how much wire would be run with a 4 channel it's a bit extreme lol. The Knukonceptz Krystal RCA cables turned out to be excellent for the price. The installer was very impressed. I made sure we ran everything up the other side from all the O gauge this time.

He turned the amp sideways to avoid having the RCA's and speaker cables right next to the Distro and power wires but that's gonna suck to try and adjust any settings on now lol. He did adjust everything though and it sounds good. Hopefully I won't have to screw with anything.

As most people can attest to the Kappa's are very SQ oriented and can be harsh if you're not into highs. I was looking for exactly what they brung though so I' am very happy. I had not however checked for fit He had to butterfly the openings about an inch to squeeze em in. The Excelon really powers everything well and is underrated by about 20% . He blocked the super tweeters in the sails so they aren't getting a lot of bass and ran them off the head unit. The 4x6's and the Kappas are running off of RCA's and the Excelon. Really makes for a great front stage now. I think with new subs the system over all will be very well balanced. I was afraid larger subs might over power the system but I think it will be perfect for a more SQ oriented yet solid build. I will grab some sound today or tomorrow.

Last edited by negolien : 07-14-2014 at 02:59 PM.
negolien is offline   Reply With Quote