View Single Post
Old 07-25-2014, 02:17 AM   #1
cnfire4
GX Member

cnfire4 is on a distinguished road
New member with a question

I am new to the forum. I've owned my alero for about 2 year now. At first I didn't like it, then I tried to trade it off but noone wanted it so I decided to clean it up and started seeing all the potential it had. I stumbled across this site by accident and have been reading all things alero for the past 2 hours. Now I have a general question and a specific question. I have the 99 4 Dr gx 2.4 automatic. I do not know what my engine or tranny specific names are. For instance ppl have posted about their 3400? I do not understand this.
Now for my specific question. I want to swap my 4 SPD auto for a 5/6 speed manual. This was myfirst car and the automatic was great for learning how to drive but I recently learned how to drivestick and prefer it greatly. I noticed the 01 alero ooffered a 5 speed manual and I was wondering if I got all the parts from one with the same engine as mine if it would be a simple matter of bolting it all on or if it would take a while to do? Any info would be greatly appreciated and I look forward to getting top know you all.
cnfire4 is offline   Reply With Quote