Thread: Need ideas
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2015, 04:49 PM   #6
Nas Escobar
GLS member

Nas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond repute
Well while sleepy has covered the basic idea, what exactly do you want to do with the car? You can easily take tuning money and drop it on visual and sound if you're into that. These Aleros look nice with 18 inch wheels.

Also, before you start messing with the engine, start with a full exhaust system. Headers, high flow cat, decent mufflers and tips really make a difference. You may also want to opt for a REAL CAI. A real CAI goes in the bumper or at least has a way to draw cold air to the cone. I've seen people use a velocity stack and pull cold air to the filter with flextubing to keep the filter in the engine bay, but drawing cold air.

The TB mod won't be of much use without a good breathing system (intake and exhaust).

If I was you, I'd do all maintenance items including the LIMG replacement if it's not already using a metal gasket and then a nice exhaust system followed by some nice wheels and tires. If you're into music, I'd get a nice sound system going. Doesn't have to be all crazy like Str8 track but a nice head unit, 6 1/2 door speakers and upgraded 6x9s in the shelf will set you off real nice. Put a 12 sub in the trunk if you like bass and you'll be happy.
1996 Infiniti G20
1993 Chevrolet Lumina Z34
1989 Buick Regal Limited
Nas Escobar is offline   Reply With Quote