View Single Post
Old 03-27-2015, 03:11 PM   #122
Nas Escobar
GLS member

Nas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by _HeC_ View Post
that sucks about the flywheel, I thought manufactures needed to keep parts available for 20yrs past the final build of a platform or some shit? Example N-body parts should be easily available in parts stores till at least 2025, gonna be a lot of pissed off F40 owners lol... glad I went 5spd!

The rule is basically that the manufacturers have to have the parts available for 10 years. GM no longer makes any Oldsmobile parts since 2014 was 10 years of its death. At this point, a lot of the stuff now will become NOS parts scattered throughout the country, however not all manufacturers stick to this rule.

GM has had this happen before sadly. GM stopped producing seals for the 1991-1995 Olds Cutlass Supreme convertible in 2000 from what I'm told. They screwed everyone with one of those over because now you have to get the pieces custom made or make them yourself using other brands' seals.

IDK how G6 owners are gonna deal with this when the time for a new flywheel comes, hopefully someone else can reverse engineer them.

Aftermarket is a different beast. Aftermarket can start or stop whenever it chooses to. I foresee N body parts being plentiful for another 5 years, after which, they will become scarce. The swappable parts like the brake pads, discs, struts, etc should be readily available for at least 30 to 40 years but bigger stuff like body and engine parts may become scarce.
1996 Infiniti G20
1993 Chevrolet Lumina Z34
1989 Buick Regal Limited
Nas Escobar is offline   Reply With Quote