View Single Post
Old 01-31-2016, 11:15 AM   #13
phild1087
GX Member

phild1087 is on a distinguished road
Hey everyone! So, I realize I disappeared for a few days there, but here's a good but odd update...

About a week ago, my girlfriend was driving her car around and the "low oil" "change oil" and "service engine soon" light all popped on. She took her car right into the mechanic at that point, which I think was a good move.

They checked the trans and, again, found everything to be okay. But what they found this time was that apparently catalytic converter was clogged up, nearly completely but not quite. So they replaced the cat, and... everything appears to be fine now. Runs strong. The gears appear to be shifting better.

Maybe it's just the placebo effect, but for whatever reason, that appears to have done the trick.

My best guess is maybe the car couldn't breathe very well, and was throwing off the sensors that detect how hard you were accelerating, and so it was messing with the shifting. IDK.

But thanks to all of you for all of the help and ideas! I'll definitely be coming back here if we have any more head-scratchers!!!! You guys rock!
phild1087 is offline   Reply With Quote