View Single Post
Old 05-24-2018, 01:35 PM   #7
zzyzzx
GLS member

zzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond repute
OK, I have figured out definitively that the fronts are ceramic and rears are organic. Finally got around to pulling wheels and determined that the backs are OK and the fronts need to be replaced, with the caliper piston side being mostly worn out and the other side mostly OK, so the slide pins are stuck too.

Now the question is I see more then one front pad. A "standard" and "optional". In pictures they look the same, but nothing online says if one is for the 15" wheels, vs 16" wheels, etc. And a lot of what i see is just plain wrong and I know parts listings are often wrong.

I.E. :
According to Wanger's website, I am seeing:
Wagner ZD727 - listed as Standard replacement pad Pep Boys SKU 1419032
Wagner ZD752A - listed as Optional Replacement pad Pep Boys SKU 1419175

There has got to be some difference between these two pads, that I have not figured out yet.
zzyzzx is offline   Reply With Quote