Thread: SVS/Trac Off
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2019, 02:39 PM   #17
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by tw0123 View Post
I'd be livid if they did that to my product without authorization...
it's "industry standard" he says, yet for all of the speed shops I've worked with I've never had one make a permanent addition without asking me. the logo being there does nothing to benefit me; it only helps spread their name. and he is SUPER worried about getting his name out there. i was pissed but also knew that there's absolutely nothing that can be done aside from completely making it from scratch again, so i mentioned my disdain for what he did and said if he would have asked i would have said "hell no".

later that day after sanity checking with a bunch of people to make sure i'm not just being unreasonable, i sent a large email detailing my issues with the logo plate welded front and center, because i wanted to buy more materials and have him make another without labor cost. he immediately called me at midnight, not reading the email because it was too big and he doesn't value my time. he saw it and was like ok i'm gonna call this guy at midnight instead of reading and understanding my perspective. he said he would absolutely NOT weld another one for no-cost even if i brought all the materials again spending another $500+ to do so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw0123 View Post
If he won't remove the logo, can you grind it down and put something else over it?
It's been polished and clear Cerakoted. It's theoretically possible to machine it down and engrave something else like the Olds logo or something, but I wanted it to be smooth and shiny the whole way. My bay is supposed to be heading towards the wire-tuck look, clean and powerful. There's no way to remove it without causing a super weird appearance even if you had it somehow ground to be the same profile as the rest of it. Has to be brand new. So I'll try to sell this one down the road and make back some part of it at least.

I did plan on posting all sorts of reviews and blasting it everywhere. "Treats your car like it's his own." because he'll just modify shit for aesthetics to suit himself at any time without consulting you. Not worth the trouble. I might mention it in posts. Like on shots of the car exterior:

"Here you can see part of @streetorstripconcept's logo because he decided to spray paint an intercooler I brought without consulting me first. Why? He felt entitled to visually modify my vehicle simply because I was paying him to install it."

To me it's painfully obvious how wrong doing that is. To him he absolutely CANNOT comprehend how anyone would be upset by his actions. Either no one's had the balls to call him out on it before, or no one really cared because a lot of "race builds" don't give a eff what shit looks like. Me, I'm about aesthetics and function. I want it to look the way I want it to while performing.

Spray painting his logo on my expensive Garrett intercooler was an overstep for sure. For what benefit to the customer did you spray paint your logo? None. It's solely to self-serve and advertise himself like it's some sponsored build and his shop is famous.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote