View Single Post
Old 02-18-2020, 12:09 PM   #38
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Welp, the stainless smooth painted lower radiator hose extension keeps slipping out (no bead on the ends, and wimpy worm clamps) causing me to lose all of my coolant in a very fast manner, so we're fabricating a new aluminum one that has bead rolls on the end, and I have some stainless t-bolt clamps that should keep that 15 psi coolant from popping off the pipe anymore.

One interesting thing I found is that the system is difficult to burp now that I have the dual-pass radiator. It seems to allow for a big air pocket in the lower hose when first filling up the coolant, because when the thermostat opens, my borosilicate glass tube shows that the engine ends up running on air. I'll probably have to jack it up high on the passenger side after first filling it this time to hopefully help it out, because we were baffled at first when filling it up on the side of the road after repairing the hose connection the first time.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote