View Single Post
Old 02-24-2020, 07:04 PM   #44
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Visited fabricator. Going to do the water pump and thermostat and all the lower hose upgrades in his shop using ramps/jack stands probably next weekend. I am not looking forward to the labor lol, nor that engine mount that I recall using a crowbar and impact wrench to align and install.

I realized the water pump was replaced when the engine was built (I think) but that's it. So it's been a while (8 years), but only about 35k miles... Hopefully that resolves the cooling quirks for now. I can say with pretty high confidence the head gasket is fine considering the dyno pulls and high boost with no problems. So it has to be a supporting item like the water pump, thermostat, or external leak.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote