View Single Post
Old 07-16-2020, 01:46 PM   #73
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Wheels came in, powder coat came in (that I hope will come out the way I expect it to).

Unfortunately upon looking at the wheels, they are clear coated. I ordered machined aluminum in the expectation I would get raw wheels ready for powder coat. So that has to be removed first. Manufacturer says it's just paint clear, not powder clear.

Dropped wheels off at a metal cleaning shop, but I'm fearful that the process will remove the super shiny finish, thus requiring me to take them to a polishing company......

So frustrating. Added time and money over and over all because no one sells the wheels in the finish and size I wanted. As soon as these are done, I can get them on the car and get the Forgelines OFF so I can clean and take better pictures and have a better chance of selling them.

$5300 set of wheels for $2000 seems like a good deal, but no one's bitten so far. https://www.ebay.com/itm/264786272350
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote