View Single Post
Old 09-06-2022, 06:28 PM   #146
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
It's just sitting there ready for the dyno for the most part. The axle boot still needs to be redone as it's throwing grease everywhere, but otherwise it should theoretically be ready for tuning...

2.5 years.

Not very excited to get it on the dyno, mostly because I don't think that will happen for a long time yet. There's always some little thing that for some reason is dragged out forever. Or even if it does go on the dyno, we'll sprout a huge boost/vacuum leak.

The new tech working on things unfortunately took off the intake manifold in an attempt to find a vacuum leak, and inadvertently caused a bunch when trying to re-seal it. The head even went through the machine shop with the manifold still attached because it was so hard to get it to seal. However, he did confirm that the flange is very curved. He was able to get it to seal with the Right Stuff that I recommended but only on the third try.

So I'm not confident it will hold. I'm going to order parts to make another manifold and have it milled flat. That will get the stupid previous fabricator's nameplate off things and give me a nice shiny new manifold that's flat.

All in all, the car just looks neglected, things aren't as pretty in the engine bay, everything is all scuffed up and exposed aluminum parts are getting surface corrosion, etc. I'm just not very happy with the whole situation taking forever and constantly worrying "Will the head-block stay sealed?" and spending a metric ton of money on things and still not having it prove whether it can stay sealed yet. All I want is to make 17 more wheel horsepower than last time and keep the head-block seal secure. That's it.

Then I need to clean everything up and do a ton of tidying and customization to make this damn car clean looking again. Meh.

[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote