View Single Post
Old 06-01-2023, 03:22 PM   #4
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Could be, or you could have vacuum leaks elsewhere (other hoses, or even the throttle body gasket or intake manifold gasket).

But I don't even know anything about what your car is doing, I just know vacuum leaks are common and I have a lot of history sealing them up. There are many sensors on the car that can be monitored to determine what's going on. Just take it to a shop. They're not out to get you like everyone thinks.

But if you think it's an airflow thing, the most surefire way to test for vacuum leaks is by using a "boost leak tester" - you can make one from a PVC cap, a pressure gauge, and an air hose fitting, or buy one. You just clamp it onto your throttle body and let a little bit of pressurized air (less than 5 psi) flow. Then spray soapy water on hoses and where all the gaskets are (intake manifold to head, throttle body to intake manifold) and you'll see bubbles going crazy wherever there's a leak.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote