View Single Post
Old 06-04-2023, 02:42 PM   #231
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Still looking around for a rust-free manual coupe but it'll probably end up being the $5k one. They made so few manual Aleros, and then finding one that isn't crashed or rusted out makes it even harder.

Originally I was going to 3D scan the car and have someone model up some ideas for bumpers/side skirts. Might still do that eventually, but I'm really liking how it looks in most angles as-is. My least favorite angle is the one halfway between front and side view, the "front 3/4" view. It's where it looks the least aggressive/cool IMO, however the pic above in my garage looks decent...

I cut the bumper yesterday so the tires don't rub anymore, so not in a hurry to get new wheels. I think with -2 degrees camber the front will be fine the way it is. Still might get some Volk TE37 wheels with +44 offset and see if that clears the calipers and lets me bring the overall wheel inward a little. Current wheels are +30 offset but from a different manufacturer. Not sure if the spokes would be "flatter" and further out with the higher offset, or they just remove material from the lug mounting area.

Once I get the new clutch installed I'll schedule my professional rolling/stilll photos and they should look awesome. I've had to back out twice so far and feel like a jackass but the car kept having things done to it for longer than expected.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote