View Single Post
Old 06-17-2023, 09:06 PM   #237
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah I'm sure it will be decent enough for now. I just gotta rev it up 2-3k and let it engage slowly, shuddering or not, and it will go without stalling. I basically have always tried to treat the clutch overly nice and take off at far too low RPM because as they say with this clutch and my old 6-puck "not supposed to slip it" but every knowledgeable car builder I ask says "that's what they say, but you have to to drive it on the street".

My shifter has been getting worse over time, it keeps popping out of first when I'm ready to go take off from a light. Compounded with the hard to drive clutch, it makes me have way too many annoying situations at intersections. All this stuff being replaced should fix it and definitely make it more fun.

Just OEM parts. There was a guy on the J-Body group who claimed he was going to make an all metal shifter assembly that was ball bearing and such, some super smooth, solid rig, but as expected, he lost interest over time, no time/money to do it. I might work on a custom assembly, but I gotta learn about the OEM setup and what exactly is important in the design before I dive in trying to improve it.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote