View Single Post
Old 08-03-2023, 11:58 AM   #266
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Nooooo! I knew something was up when I first turned the car on leaving the shop it revved to like 2500 before calming down, and made a ticking sound, and seemed to misfire a little. I noticed the RPMs would hang high around 1800 when coasting, even when sitting still which is when it should drop to idle. Cracked runner. That happened on my old very thin tubing manifold, didn't think it would happen on this beefy one. There's just a lot of vibration on this engine and when you have a heavy plenum hanging off it that's a lot of force constantly flexing at this joint. The new one might need some bracing like GM did with the supercharger manifold. There's a couple large screw holes in the block to the left and right of the oil filter, could add some bracing so there's less flex happening.

[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote