View Single Post
Old 09-12-2023, 08:34 PM   #296
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Everything still rubs unfortunately lol. They need to be a little bit more in, or the fenders need to be cut. That's why I want to get some real Volks that are hopefully able to fit over the brakes better and not require these spacers.

No fuel cell, the stock gas tank is fine, it just needs a surge tank to keep the pump submerged at all times.

I put the stock engine mount in and it's soooo comfortable, still easy to drive since the trans mounts are polyurethane, but I still clunked something (turbo-to-firewall or downpipe-to-subframe) on a rough start. I had my wife video the engine while I loaded it with the brake on to see how much it tilts under torque, and it's bad.

Video: https://youtu.be/ALzzRuIJei4

Idk what to do. I feel like I need to make some custom torque strut that anchors to the front header panel or something that will maybe keep the engine from tilting, but not introduce a ton of vibrations to the chassis. I think it needs things like what they use on the 3800 equipped FWD cars:

But there's no clearance to do that at all with my intake in the way. Might be able to build a custom strut bar and clamp onto it, and mount to the timing chain housing.

I asked my old polyurethane acquaintance to make a mount that's just a big block of 80A polyurethane like this:

I figured it might hold things better than the OEM style rubber mount, but not transmit as much vibration as the WOT-Tech insane nearly 100% billet construction mount. Seriously, there's only a tiny amount of poly on the mount, and it's like 95A durometer.

Here's a drive by video: https://youtu.be/9Tj4GiarkIo
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote