View Single Post
Old 10-08-2023, 02:14 PM   #322
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
So I'm definitely going to have fender braces made to stiffen the front end of the car chassis, but this torque steer is basically amplified by the wheels being offset outward and negative cambered so much. Based on my limited research into what causes torque steer and what types of suspension parts vehicles without torque steer (Civic Type R) employ, I would need to custom make some knuckles to mostly eliminate it by making the turning axis centered within the wheel so there is no forward/rearward torque applied influencing the steering.

Basically redesigning the entire way the front suspension works. Not sure if I'm going to do that, as I don't know much about suspension and it's easy to make things handle worse.

Otherwise just fender bracing, polyurethane control arm bushings (ordered), custom control arms (just because I want to make some), and custom coilovers will be the extent I go and just endure the remaining wild torque steer it will still produce... I think I will also lower the ball joint position so the car's roll center is lower after watching a lot of videos on that.

Going to get a daytime video when I'm able (around Oct 19) so you guys can see how wild it is to stay straight. It's truly terrifying lol.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote