View Single Post
Old 11-13-2023, 11:36 PM   #78
dbral
GX Member

dbral is on a distinguished road
Quote:
He was definitely slow, i liked his products though. I had a set of his headers. Very well made product.

Quote:
; ""These headers are considered a custom order, as they are built to order rather than being a stocked item. All custom orders are non-refundable. We are currently working on completing our first batch of production headers (as opposed to the hand-made sets have been making up until now). We anticipate that we will finish this batch in spring 2022.
Wording in the website description circa 2021

Quote:
"These headers are considered a custom order, as they are built to order rather than being a stocked item. All custom orders are non-refundable. We are currently working on completing our first batch of production headers (as opposed to the hand-made sets have been making up until now). Expect longer than usual lead times, most likely into the multiple months (4-6+) until this process is complete.
Current wording in the website description

I had heard that the old style headers were well made from other customers too. The original fabricator must have been quite talented. The current fabricator, by his own admission, is the owner of the shop who "learned" to tig in 2020. Still do not know what kind of quality the current headers posses as i am still waiting for my now prototype headers basically 6 years later. Told me in 2018 that it would take 2 months and that they were being built to the old spec by the original guy too.

Quote:
He had my car for about 6 months to a year i dont recall. Definitely needs to just close shop at this point. All the angry customers and lawsuits aint worth it.

Custom performance parts take time and there are a lot of variables. Customers know this and are willing to be patient as long as there are valid reasons holding up the works. That requires good communications.....and actual valid reasons from the business's side of things lol. It also requires that the customer does not allow the company to have all of the balls in their court in the beginning so to speak. Being too trustworthy unfortunately leaves the customer open to be taken advantage of.... Just my .02 based on my experience with this "company" and for the record i'm only upset at myself lol Edit. Customers don't appreciate lies and deception though. A business should be mindful and respect/abide by their own policies. I can see where this could lead to some frustrated customers with hurt feelings for sure because what is a customer's recourse in a situation like this really? There is a way to protect yourself in the beginning for sure but my guess is that this "business" with all of it's pages of fine print, would not do a deal like that. Wottech will, and that speaks volumes to me. It should also speak volumes to any potential customers as well.

Happy you got your car back in a reasonable amount of time and that you got to enjoy it as well. As for the current crop of customers.... i just don't know. Dropped in for a visit last week and the place looks abandoned to me. But sometimes appearances can be deceiving i suppose

Quote:
Idk why he is still hanging on.
i have my suspicions..... Should be confirmed by Dec 1, at least in my case anyway

Last edited by dbral : 11-14-2023 at 02:11 AM.
dbral is offline   Reply With Quote