Thread: Fyi
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2005, 01:04 AM   #9
bigd6983

Quote:
Originally posted by mikegett@Jun 5 2005, 02:11 PM
Not so. 105 amps is a pretty good sized altenator. I have stated it before and I will state it now. Too many people assume that they need a larger altenator. When it comes down to it, every individual will be different. It deepends on a variety of factors. What size and quantity of amps. What sub or speaker and how it is wired. What enclosure or efficiency your speaker/sub has. What car and most important, how you listen to your music. Never, should a individual be told that they will need to purchase a new alt until after the system is installed and tested. The other issue to concider is how old the car and electrical system is. Dimming lights or loss of bass could be caused due to a failing altenator, old battery, or a poor grounding wire. I have seen on several occassions that dirty terminals and loose ground wires from the bat and alt have been to blame.

and i get that, thats why i asked what kind of system he was running, i just assumed if that he was considering a new alternator that maybe he had a decent sized one........i plan on getting an 800 watt rms sub amp, and upgrading to a 300 watt rms 4 channel amp, running 1100 watts im definately going to want to upgrade, i already get dimming lights........

but i agree, get everything installed and see how it handles......