Thread: Fyi
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2005, 07:06 PM   #10
BLK03GXS
GLS member

BLK03GXS is an unknown quantity at this point
Well if you get 2 batterys... there are certin things you need to do...

The setup that IM going to go with is yellowtops, and an isolation relay, so that the front battery is for the car, and the rear is for the amps.
With the isolation relay, the rear system will not draw curent from the system untill the system in front is fully charged, then the alternator will be able to charge the rear battery.

This setup along with a 1.5-3 farad cap should be all that i need. 105 amps is MORE then enuff to keep a system in that type fully charged given enuff idle time. (idle time being with the system not on, or at low levels)

The system i have now is alpine cda-9835, alpine speakers, alpine R15 sub powered by alpine MRD-m605 amp.
The wires are all stinger 4awg

I will be going with a set of componants up front, prolly 6.5 inch rtype componants, with better 6x9's in rear. powered by frv-f345.

I will also be adding larger battery to ground, block and 4 guage from battery to alt, and from batt to fuse block.

With that system or even if i add a differant woofer setup and annother mrd-m605 there should still be plenty of juice.

BLK03GXS is offline   Reply With Quote