View Single Post
Old 04-23-2012, 05:18 PM   #29
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
Quote:
Originally Posted by crankycowboy View Post
With the cap off, at idle, I don't really notice any bubbles....however, if I raise the rpm to around 3k, it starts to bubble out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crankycowboy View Post
I just spoke with my buddy that was helping me on it, and he indicated that when it was cool...there were no issues with water pushing out....it was only when it was warm (both starting with cap off and with cap on while driving). What does that mean?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jawa View Post
head gasket

Exactly.

I had a bad HG on mine, just like yours. Clean oil, no issues, but when I would floor it coolant would puke all over from the overflow tube. Ugh what a mess.

My HG issue (sounds like your too) is that combustion gasses are passing thru into the water jackets, pushing all coolant out. 15 psi of coolant pressure is going to lose agaisnt the 150 psi of combustion in whichever chamber the HG passage is cracked.

Not an easy fix, not a difficult one either. Just pick up a MLS gasket from Ben at WOT-Tech and new head bolts and do it.

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote