Thread: a few questions
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2010, 03:52 AM   #2
whiterider00
GLS member

whiterider00 is on a distinguished road
1. it is called a header panel. as far as i know it is alero specific. can be picked up at a junk yard or even ebay.
2.avoid ebay brand bearings because you will most likely replace it within a year. not sure what good brands are, but i would imagine an autoparts store brand would be decent and have some sort of warranty on it.
3. yes you can reuse the original spring, as long as its in good shape. lots of them rust out when water and stuff gets underneath the plastic coating. also, the strut is just the shock and mountig surface for the spring. the spring is not technically part of the strut.
4. theres lots of plastic repair/light repair products out there. i believe there are reviews in the product review section. also, a very fine grit sandpaper (1000 or more) could remove some deeper scratches, then go over it with a polishing compound or something similar.
anyway, i hope that at least helps with your questions. thats all from memory, and its almost 4am, so im sure i may have missed something. if i did someone else will let you know.
whiterider00 is offline   Reply With Quote