Thread: B&M Shiftplus
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2005, 01:58 PM   #14
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
Quote:
Originally posted by soupitup@Jul 28 2005, 10:50 AM
Went to the track last night and got 6 runs in. I was trying the B&M shiftplus in different settings to see how it affected my times. I can't really say a whole lot judging off of only 6 runs, but it actually seemed to decrease my 1/4 mile times the higher it was set. First run it was set to 2 (max) and ran my worst time of the night which was a 16.761, the next 4 runs were, 16.623, 16.516, 16.399, and 16.353 respectively with the setting on 1(min). For my last run of the night I figured I'd get a run with it completely switched off, and ran my best time so far which was a 16.237. Now I actually like driving with the switch in position 1, and it definitely does shift harder, but after looking at the times I'm starting to think that it doesn't really improve the times any. Maybe I just need to get the engine built up with a little more power before I see the benefits of it, but on my mostly stock alero, I'm not impressed.

Just an FYI

that is not very accurate at all. as the night goes on air temp drops and your car runs better. whether you have setting off or on. so i would disregaurd this test for the B&M.

the only way to tell was to run back to back passes with engine temp the same, air, humidity, baraometer the same.

if you look at your times you can see the more you ran and the more you cleaned out the motor and the air temp went down your car got faster.