Thread: fiberglass fix?
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2011, 01:57 PM   #5
Papa Rad17
Premier V.I.P. Member

Papa Rad17 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdyman View Post
well trying to sit here and type 20yrs of knowledge out in a small box on how to fix fiberglass wont help ya, i will tell ya that the material i use will cost ya close to 150 bucks

paint will cost you close to 1000 and not to mention the labor and to make it fit right and make brackets to mount the kit the proper way

ya want a estiamte ill put my shops addy here come on by for a estiamte
a local shop (does amazing work) wants to charge my $1000, a friend who works at a car shop and has his own shop for body work on the side is going to charge me $350 if I cant do do it myself, I have the time so i might as well give it a shot. I can use the color matched paint at autozone, (used it when i did rust spots, I see no problem with it) and a fiberglass filler (please someone, I need to know what kind to use) and do myself for cheap as shit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam337 View Post
duct tape
um... not quite
Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2 View Post
lol ignore that shit, bdyman is a effing ridiculous perfectionist that will only use the most expensive shit in the world, thinking this is a $100,000+ exotic show car..

most body shops can fix that in under 300

my front bumper was like ripped apart in the middle from a crash and a performance shop here repaired and reinforced it for $360. paint color and finish was perfectly fine. in fact when i had my 2nd crash, the part they repaired was intact haha and the rest of the bumper was destroyed.
im sorry but that hilarious! good thing you know those guys do good work now though. in that one vid you had I couldnt tell it had even been damaged.
Papa Rad17 is offline   Reply With Quote