View Single Post
Old 12-11-2003, 11:21 PM   #30
AleroSS

True, I know that the bondo "shouldnt" crack, but I have heard of body shops offering ridiculously lower prices to have doors shaved, simply because they dont weld a plate in and just glass or bondo in the hole, and without the proper support, Ive heard that cracking will be a likely problem. Just for clarification the kit sold by FBI mini ( http://www.fbimini.com/products_deta...?item_no=dp102 - currently on sale for $59.99 USD) does not come with a Kickout springs or a control unit and remotes, so those of you planning to install poppers and dont have an aftermarket keyless entry/remote starter/alarm system, may have to look into buying one. I am not sure what the capabilities are of the factory keyless entry, but Im sure someone would be able to fill us in on that one. FYI Most popper kits that do come with a control unit and remote(s) normally have a 7 channel unit, which will be more than enough channels for most people to also hook up their starter, etc... I cant stress it enough - DO YOU RESEARCH, there is a lot to know about the lil intricacies of poppers and install options and body work etc..., I spent quite a while talking to people about kits, install options, Good/Well Priced bodyshops etc before i went ahead with it (appointment booked for Dec 19th ) Im sure Sound as well as myself would be more than happy to answer any questions. Post them or pm me with your questions.

Landon