View Single Post
Old 12-12-2003, 02:12 AM   #35
AleroSS

Hey Sound, how many channels are available from the stock remote and unit? What features does the stock unit offer, and what did you have (ie: does the stock unit offer remote start or just keyless entry and trunk pop)

Also, if you have any underbodies on your car, and the stock system is anything like the unit I have, Im going to be using my panic feature button on my remote to trigger my underbodies (using an extra relay or two) meaning that I will be able to use my panic button to turn on the underbodies. The reason for using the panic button was because I ran outta channels with my aftermarket unit - but heres the neat part. The panic feature on most cars is equipped/programmed with a timer, and normally lasts around 2 min, so I can trigger my underbodies, and never have to worry about it draining my battery, even when the buttons get pushed in my pocket (not that that happens lots...). Therefore, you not only have remote underbodies, but a fail-safe on your underbodies to prevent you from forgetting to turn them off... I thought it was pretty neat, though I havent had it done yet. Car goes in the shop on Friday the 19th of Dec, so i will keep you updated as to how it all turns out...
:thumbsup: