View Single Post
Old 12-12-2003, 02:39 AM   #36
sound_xtreme
GLS member

sound_xtreme is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to sound_xtreme Send a message via MSN to sound_xtreme Send a message via Yahoo to sound_xtreme
just keyless entry, trunk, and panic. lock button becomes useless unless you want to pop all doors at once. hit the unlock button once for drivers side, twice for drivers and passengers.

you have to read the book and turn off the auto-un/lock feature also. otherwise when you turn on/off the car it will open your doors.

panic button could proly be done but it would proly be a pain to figure out.

i also have an emergency lock under the car mounted in the rail(where most install their neons). I had to use a couple relays to cut power off from the stock wires and essentially hot wire it to the battery.(if you dont use relays nothing happens and stuff starts smoking (and i think you'll blow a fuse).

oh yea, one more thing. if you use the stock wiring, you'll have to put a bigger fuse in. it'll blow the small stock rating the first time.

I also have an emrgency jumper cable(2 ga power wire) just in case my battery was to completely die. most poppers will work with very low voltage tho.