View Single Post
Old 12-12-2003, 08:01 AM   #37
bdyman

True, I know that the bondo "shouldnt" crack, but I have heard of body shops offering ridiculously lower prices to have doors shaved, simply because they dont weld a plate in and just glass or bondo in the hole, and without the proper support, Ive heard that cracking will be a likely problem.
^^^ huh???? if a body man is just fillin in the hole with bondo or glass there`s no way the filler would just be ozin and ozin no way to fill a hole that way
weldin can be a bad thing too rustin behind the panel warping the panel
iam speakin from experience here nno matter how good a welder you are it will warp
happened to me and allot of people, the duramix product is freakin great, anybody here that does body work and has used a duramix product knows what iam talkin about
the stuff is basiclly liquid welding and it won`t rust!!!
through my boss he is a jobber for autoloc, and he gets the poper kits for 20 bucks!!
come next spring when iam doin mine i will post pics and show ya guys the dura mix product and silent`s car as well
any custom work takes time to do it right iam curious how much this body shop is charing you to do this????
is ur ride a 4 or 2 door
allot of labor allot of paint labor
what kind of paint system do they use???
oh one more thing do not constanly bug the shop trust me we don`t like that when a customer is buggin the hell out of us "when is my car goin to be done"
we hate that...lol....
any more questions let me know