View Single Post
Old 12-12-2003, 10:31 AM   #39
AleroSS

Well basically - it's kinda hard to say. I had two insurance claims from this year, the first being a VERY minor rear ending, and the second is from when those bastard theives broke in (see pic below). Basically, I took it to the shop, and had them look at what autopac (the car insurance place for us manitobans) had alloted in the claim for shop labour and supplies, and see if they could work in some of the Shaving/painting process into my claim. Basically they said that they would be able to fix the lil scratch and dent on my back bumper (from the first claim), fix & paint my pass. door (from where the beak-in occured), pull a dent out on my drivers door, and do the shaving and painting for a mere $150 more than my $200 deductible. All in all I will be paying $350 for a job that Ive heard quoted for MUCH higher. This is one of the best shops around for body work. I know that they are using PPG paints, but I just emailed them to get the other specs that you asked about, as I cant remember from when they took me on a walkthru of their shop(though I believe their booth is a down draft booth - but then again, im not sure what that translates into as Im not up on my painting process knowledge...). BTW my car is a 2 door, so obviously, it would be cheaper than a four door, but I think that anyone can agree, that for the price I am paying, and for the quality of work I will be having done, most people couldnt argue that I'm getting one hell of a deal... And not to drag this post out, but it to sweeten the deal, this business is another one of those businesses that I COMPLETELY trust, and I dont say that about businesses quite often. I think the peace of mind of having a quality shop which you have a good repor always makes things much easier, and less stressful, wouldnt you guys agree?