View Single Post
Old 02-09-2014, 02:06 AM   #1
Zach0112
GX Member

Zach0112 is on a distinguished road
Strange power loss while stuck in snow

Okay so I have a 3400. My car is a 2002 alero gls coupe. We've been getting a lot of snow lately and with that comes getting stuck in drifts. So I turn off the traction control and start rodding on it a bit, sometimes accidentally hitting about 5000 rpms and mostly trying to keep em between 2500 & 4000. Going from drive to reverse I make sure my wheels have stopped moving. Car hasn't gotten much over half temp(bottom side of needle touches top of halfway mark). It'll take 20 minutes to get out sometimes and I give it a little break to cool a bit. I've been reading around the boards and haven't really found similar problems. So what happens is I'm getting on it pretty good and all of a sudden it just feels like I'm holding the brakes. The car gets quieter and just has no power. Rpms don't jump up like a tranny slip at all. There's no cel, rough idle, or any odd sounds. It just bogs really bad. Almost like flipping on a choke on a warmed up atv. Doesn't burn a drop of oil, plugs are the perfect color also the exhaust smells fine. There's no rotten egg smell or the sweet smell of coolant . Many times while doing this the Powersteering quits working until about 5 minutes of normal driving after I get out. Hope I gave enough information. Feel free to ask questions. Thanks!

Last edited by Zach0112 : 02-09-2014 at 02:11 AM.
Zach0112 is offline   Reply With Quote