View Single Post
Old 02-13-2024, 12:36 AM   #371
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
I mostly figured out the idle tuning. I wish I had a way to reset the idle motor while the car was on, in case it was acting up because I stalled the car and didn't turn the key to OFF and wait 2 seconds before starting it again. But whatev, quirks and also just don't stall the car. Next up is optimizing the cold startup as it struggles hard. If I don't blip the throttle plate, it will crank so long it afterfires out the exhaust. I figured it was too rich, and reduced fueling by 25%, but it's still no good, so have to research that in my Link G4X training course lol. It seems like a difficult thing to master as every time you change settings to test you have to wait a long time to try another setting to make sure it's truly a cold start again.

The AWD trans is here. My 3D scanner kinda sucks I realized after multiple attempts to get a good scan, so I'm going to pay for a professional laser scan on it, the spare engine, and the old OEM trans to help me figure out what I need.

I'll need to convince RPS to make a twin or triple disc carbon clutch, apparently those are super easy to engage but hold mega power. The AWD trans doesn't have room for the 8.5" disc I currently use, so I'll be limited to a 7.25" like I used to have. The smaller diameter you go, the harder it is to operate especially with a strong clutch.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote