View Single Post
Old 05-02-2013, 08:18 AM   #6
RalphP
GX Member

RalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nas Escobar View Post
Some dumbo honda "tuner" told me it was the camber. I knew it had to do with alignment but I didn't know what that was.

Thanks a ton, I'll edit the how to so it reflects the actual name.

I know it's not a steering knuckle, but some people are slow enough to call it that. I've also heard the term "Spindle" used. Notice I only called it that once. My goal was to make it easy enough that a "novice" could do it.

If it's desired to adjust camber for the Just Right Driving Experience, then it'd be better to use a proper camber bolt between the strut and the knuckle. One such is this one.

And a correction to my correction - the adjustment off that plate is for toe, not camber.

One thing to add - early Malibus and possibly other cars on this chassis (1997 and maybe some 1998) will need the strut changed, or it redrilled, or the knuckle redrilled, because GM used a different spacing at first. I'd opt for picking a nice neutral year (2000 works for me) and replacing the struts as a quick strut all the time. But that was me *grins*

Speaking of - the wrecking yard has had my Malibu for about three days as I type this, and the rear disc brakes are ... already missing. Thought THAT was interesting.

RwP
RalphP is offline   Reply With Quote