View Single Post
Old 05-08-2013, 01:18 PM   #15
Nas Escobar
GLS member

Nas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Difflay View Post
Everything I'm still a little confused on how exactly it all works

I was on your position before. It's a lot less daunting than what it seems when you first hear about it.

Look, there's only a handful of bolts. You take them off from the donor car, then take it to your car, take your drums off and bolt the new spindle on. Both spindles are the same, it's just that one has drum brakes and the other has a backing plate with the ebrake. Once the new spindle is on, all you do is a normal brake job. Calipers, rotors, pads, and a brake bleed.

What exactly are you confused about. Installation of the spindle or installation of your actual rear brakes?
1996 Infiniti G20
1993 Chevrolet Lumina Z34
1989 Buick Regal Limited
Nas Escobar is offline   Reply With Quote