View Single Post
Old 06-05-2013, 10:04 PM   #18
Starglow
GX Member

Starglow is on a distinguished road
I have all the parts for the rear....just need to find the time to do the work. I'm half way through with doing the front upgrade but hit a few snags. Rockauto sent the wrong brake pads, the caliper pin boots are shot, and I have a bad tie rod end.

Should finish up the front this weekend when the parts arrive on Friday and then start work on the rear. Any tips on how to set the rear end alignment? I bought adjustable camber strut bolts to help with the alignment issues I have had since replacing the struts and lateral links.

Also, pay close attention to the rubber boots on the backing plate for the parking brake lever. Mine were torn and I had to buy the complete parking brake shoe replacement kit to get new ones.

The only way I found that worked to remove the parking brake shoes is to first remove the parking brake actuator assembly which then allows more clearance to maneuver the parking brake shoe around and off the wheel hub. Otherwise it won't come off without removing the hub from the backing plate.
Starglow is offline   Reply With Quote