Thread: Audio set-up
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2015, 04:05 AM   #12
Nas Escobar
GLS member

Nas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by will9blay View Post
I planned on replacing everything and putting in subs, and he's I'm positive it is the monsoon, saw the connection on the speaker and it had 2. I am planning on doing the subs first as it seems a bit longer of a task.but if I read that right I would need a different amp. would that affect the original rear speakers, or am I going to have to replace them the same time as the sub? Thanks for your guys help so far! And S8track16 I'm about 20 outside barrie, you?

If you're gonna get a 4 channel amp to power your door speakers, you're better off running the cables and distribution block for it in one run instead of doing that twice, or using separate cables. 0 Gauge welding wire works well and it's true copper.

If you don't have a head unit/radio already, you'll need that done too before adding subs, or at least line out converters.

What's your budget for subs and what kind of music do you plan using them with?

10's are better for rock/light bass
12's are better for Rap/EDM/Dubstep
15's will make you lose your trunk and probably lose some hearing.

Ported is better for more bass SOUND whereas sealed is better for bass punch. Bandpass is the best, gives you the best of both worlds but you lose out on the higher tones/aka you won't hear your speakers begging for mercy, they will simply blow.

Personally (I listen to a lot of E40), I would get a ported box with 2 12" Alpine Type S or Kicker CVR122 (Dual 2 ohm) and call it a day.

The set up I had in my Grand Am that sounded the best was 2 12" Alpine Type E subs, a boston acoustics amp (GT2200) and a ported box with 1.5 cu ft and it used to set off alarms all the time. Man, I miss that box.

Also, if space/trunk is an issue, get the Kicker Solobaric mini enclosure sub. It's a truck preloaded sub box, costs $400 or so (or build it yourself and save $150) but it sounds like 2 12" entry level subs. That's my current setup in my Camaro and I like it for what it is. Not setting alarms off but good enough to enjoy some E40, trap music, or other bass heavy music.
1996 Infiniti G20
1993 Chevrolet Lumina Z34
1989 Buick Regal Limited
Nas Escobar is offline   Reply With Quote