View Single Post
Old 01-03-2016, 11:33 PM   #8
Koots
GX Member

Koots is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redog View Post
I was wondering if they also put a slightly bigger cam in the W and U bodies.

Plus when you say "More powerful" you have to take into account that they are larger vehicles, weigh more, and the minivans also have a lot more cargo space

I know it makes sense to have larger vehicles to be more powerful, I was simply asking as to what made them have slightly higher HP figures over N-Bodies. I was assuming it was being bigger allowed a larger exhaust with less bends, but wanted to see if anyone knew for sure. I'm pretty new to the relatively modern FWD GM's, so I'm just grabbing as much info as I can lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3500Alero View Post

Getting an aftermarket performance tune will really wake up your 3400 and transmission! I'm trying hard not to unlock my pcm until the spring, but it may happen sooner

I've already started on the trans tune for mine, while I wait to get a chance to register it for the road (waiting on parts). I usually take it on little 10-15 minute test drives on the dirt road around the cottage I live in (super isolated with no traffic) and won't make any major changes until I can actually drive it on a paved road and get a good feel for how it runs. So it probably won't be for a couple more weeks anyway.
Koots is offline   Reply With Quote