View Single Post
Old 02-21-2017, 10:09 PM   #19
00redse
GX Member

00redse is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2 View Post
Why's that? They just check OBD2 DTCs on 1996 and newer.

I don't have a catalytic converter, and it's clearly heavily modified, but I made the PCM programming report no error regarding O2s/catalytic converters lol. As far as a regular scan tool is concerned, this thing is OEM.

Richie never had it tuned properly, and I haven't bothered either. It runs on an AFPR and a canned tune from Mark at MPRacing. That's what Richie tells me. MPRacing said they've never tuned a car for boost when I talked to him. So the best I can figure is that Mark tuned it to idle the 440cc injectors and changed a few other small things, but the added fuel comes from the AFPR. It runs rich at idle still though, and I have a feeling it would benefit greatly from a good tune.

Honestly, I never even tried to get it passed. I get no CEL, so maybe it would be good to go. I have a feeling it will just show "not ready" indefinitely though.
I never got into HP tuners. My 4cyl Grand Am always ran off the GM Reflash and 310cc's. I think I'm the only one to ever have the RSM kit run off the GM reflash. Almost positive the only one to do it with a FMIC on the RSM kit.

I have the stock PCM for the Alero still. Maybe now that I've been putting some work into it, I'll get around to a real tune.

ION, I know you're a user of HP Tuners... Maybe you could assist.
00redse is offline   Reply With Quote