View Single Post
Old 02-22-2017, 12:03 AM   #20
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00redse View Post
MPRacing said they've never tuned a car for boost when I talked to him. So the best I can figure is that Mark tuned it to idle the 440cc injectors and changed a few other small things, but the added fuel comes from the AFPR. It runs rich at idle still though, and I have a feeling it would benefit greatly from a good tune.
Uh yeah lol. Tuning for boost will definitely be tricky since the 3400 never had a factory option tune that added support for a 2 bar or higher MAP sensor like the 2.4L did. You'd have to use a 2 bar sensor and scale the values in the PCM to pretend, which works, you just lose resolution.

Quote:
Honestly, I never even tried to get it passed. I get no CEL, so maybe it would be good to go.
Could be, I can scan it with HP Tuners and see if it reports any errors that don't cause the SES light but are still visible to a scan tool. Also for the cost of the credits we can read and edit the PCM and make sure none of the fun codes ever report errors. Shhhh....

Quote:
I never got into HP tuners. My 4cyl Grand Am always ran off the GM Reflash and 310cc's. I think I'm the only one to ever have the RSM kit run off the GM reflash. Almost positive the only one to do it with a FMIC on the RSM kit.
Nice. Yeah 310s are for baby level boost.

Anyways....

I ordered GT3076R.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote